Your Personal Information And How We Use It
Collection of your personal data
We may collect certain of your personal data when you register for or attend some of our events, make donations to us, make enquiries of us, or utilise our services. You may also from time to time provide us with your personal data in face to face meetings with us, or by other means.
We may therefore collect your:
- email address
- correspondence address
- telephone number
- credit card or bank account information (only where this is needed to fulfil a transaction, such as payments for tickets for our events).
Use of your personal data
We use the personal data you provide to us for the following purposes (and any purposes directly related to these purposes) (collectively, the “Purposes”):
- To provide our services to you which includes responding to any questions you may have, enabling you to participate in our events and promotions when you so wish and carrying out any transactions which you may make with us (including processing any donation payments).
- To communicate with you on cancer prevention matters, fundraising, and other activities and purposes in line with our mission.
- To provide you with direct marketing communications, in accordance with the “Marketing Communications” section below.
If you do not provide your personal data to us, we may not be able to provide all of our services to you.
Subject to, or where otherwise required by law or permitted by law to protect our interests, we will (a) only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the Purposes, and (b) erase any of your personal data that we have stored as soon as reasonably practicable, if you request us to delete it.
- We may send you information about our fundraising, educational, or other related activities and events in line with our mission from time to time, and those of other parties with whom we work, in relation to the prevention of women’s related cancer and other causes aligned with our mission.
- Such marketing communications may be in various forms, including advertisements, special events notifications or newsletters, and delivered via various methods in accordance with the personal data that you provide to us, such as by email or by telephone.
You may partially or entirely opt-out of receiving such direct marketing communications at any time by contacting our Executive Director at email@example.com or mail to the attention of the Executive Director at PO Box 9331, General Post Office, Hong Kong or in the case of emails, by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of such emails.
Security And Protection Of Your Information
When you register or make a donation through this website, your personal information will be securely encrypted. Your credit card information will be passed to a third party (such as a bank) only where necessary for the purpose of processing the donation payment. We will not disclose any of the credit card information to any other third party.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
Your personal data held by us will be kept confidential, except we may disclose your personal data to the following parties (who may be located and use your personal data outside of Hong Kong):
- Karen Leung Memorial Foundation (USA) LLC and the directors thereof;
- Sohn Conference Foundation;
- Any charge or credit card issuing companies where necessary to establish and support donations made by you; and
- Any other party where such disclosure is mandated by statutory or contractual obligations or as required by law or court of law, or where such disclosure is necessary to protect our interests (as permitted by law).
How To Check And Update Your Information
You may wish to access, verify or update any of your personal data that we hold. You can do so by contacting our Executive Director (at the details as set out at “Our Contact Details” section below).
Our Contact Details